Donny Longendyke had a successful high school career at White Bear Lake, during which he was a two-time state champ (2010, 2011) and three-time finalist. These accolades and his dominating style combined to make him the #1 recruit in the nation at heavyweight.
He decided to attend the University of Nebraska. During the 2011-2012 season, Longendyke won the Nebraska Redshirt of the Year award, going 34-10 in the heavyweight division.
Longendyke decided to leave Nebraska after the 2012-2013 season. Following a brief hiatus from the sport, Donny joined the Minnesota Training Center in the spring of 2014. His also decided to return to academics and is on pace to graduate from Augsburg College in the next few years.
In his first season competing for Augsburg College, Donny won an NCAA DIII Individual National Championship in March 2015. He also played a big role in securing Augsburg’s 12th National Team Championship.
We are excited about Donny’s bright future in the sport. He has the agility and speed of a much smaller athlete, but the power of a true heavyweight. The Olympics in 2016 are certainly within striking distance for Donny.
Off the mat, Longendyke enjoys being outdoors, especially fishing and spending time on the lake.
High school wrestling highlights:
- #1 ranked heavyweight in the country by InterMat
- 2-time Minnesota state champion
- 3-time Minnesota state finalist
- Junior Nationals Greco-Roman finalist
- Junior Nationals freestyle all American
- Cadet Nationals freestyle Champion
- Cadet Nationals Greco-Roman all American
College wrestling highlights:
- 2015 NCAA DIII Individual National Champion 2015
- 2015 Member of NCAA DIII Team National Champions at Augsburg College
- University of Nebraska Redshirt of the Year Award 2011-12
International wrestling highlights:
- 2018 U.S. Open 4th Place
- 2018 Bill Farrell Memorial International Open Runner Up
- 2017 University National Champion
- 2016 Olympic Trials Qualifier