Zach Sanders was born into wrestling. His father is a high school coach and former wrestler and his brother Eric wrestled at North Dakota State. His pedigree and hard work have led to a successful wrestling career. He was a five-time state champion in high school, beginning in eighth grade. He was a four-time NCAA All-American while wrestling at the University of Minnesota.
Zach currently works as a grad assistant for the Gopher wrestling program at the U of M. Even in his free time, Zach is around wrestling, but he also loves the outdoors.
Inside the wrestling room, Zach is intense and his particular training methods have allowed him to compete at the highest levels. With continued focus, we hope Zach will be able to reach his full potential and compete in the Olympic Games in 2016.
High school wrestling highlights:
- 5X Minnesota State Champion
- NHSCA National Champion
- Junior National Freestyle Champion
- Cadet National Triple Crown Winner
College wrestling highlights:
- 4X NCAA D1 All-American
Freestyle wrestling highlights:
- 2015 NYAC Bill Farrell International silver medalist (New York City)
- 2015 Pan American Championships silver medalist (Chile)
- 2014 Pan American Championships Champion (Mexico)
- 2014 US Open National Championships All American
- 2014 Dave Schultz International silver medalist (Colorado)
- 2014 Storm Holiday Cup Champion
- 2013 World Cup Team Member (Iran)
- 2013 Storm Holiday Cup Champion
- 2012 Storm Holiday Cup Champion
- 2012 University World Championships silver medalist (Finland)
- 2012 Hargobind International Champion (Canada)
- 2008 Junior World Freestyle Championships (8th)